Organization: City Net is a 501(c)(3) non-profit community development organization that facilitates a multi-sector collaborative focusing on ending homelessness. Services include outreach, intensive case management, facilitation of collaborative meetings, trainings, and community organizing. City Net is branch of the Bedrock Creek network.
Position: The Project Coordinator is a motivated individual who will be responsible for coordinating homeless census activities in assigned areas. She or he must be a self-starter with exceptional planning and organizational skills. They will facilitate the planning, implementation and reporting phases of the census. The Project Coordinator will interact and collaborate with city officials, police departments, nonprofits and faith-based communities throughout all phases.
North Orange County (NOC) Census: The North Orange County Homeless Census will provide timely and essential data to county and city stakeholders in order to increase the effectiveness of resource allocation, accurately gauge program effectiveness, and allow for greater collaboration between invested agencies towards eradicating homelessness in Orange County. The census will survey the homeless populations of ten North Orange County cities: Anaheim, Buena Park, Stanton, La Habra, Cypress, La Palma, Fullerton, Placentia, Brea, and Yorba Linda.
Status: Full-time (40 hours per week), temporary, non-exempt
Reports to: Director of Program Development
Dates: January 2018 – July 2018
Requires travel throughout Southern California, primarily in Orange County.
Must be able to pass background checks successfully upon hire and throughout employment.
Weekend and/or evening responsibilities will be required.
Census preparation and coordination of services
- Coordinate with police departments and city officials to create comprehensive maps of each city.
- Develop census survey in compliance with the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)
- Create census timeline with cities and police departments.
- Coordinate with local emergency shelters to schedule survey of each location during census.
Volunteer and donation recruitment
- Recruit and screen volunteers from human service agencies, social work student programs, and faith communities.
- Organize and assign teams of volunteers, law enforcement officers and City Net staff to each city map.
- Solicit in-kind donations from agency partners as needed.
- Manage the website portal for community awareness and volunteer sign ups.
- Develop and implement day-of training and orientation for volunteers.
- Identify deployment centers for census teams
- Provide train-the-trainer sessions and communicate all relevant information to City Net team leaders.
Data Collection & Reporting
- Oversee census teams during three-week phase of census in each city.
- Participate in data collection and survey testing prior to the actual census.
- Ensure data is entered properly to ArcGIS database.
- Analyze and interpret data findings and trends.
- Compile final reports for county and individual cities, including demographics and GIS data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Community Development, Urban Planning, Human Services or related field.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with people affected by homelessness.
- Familiarity with GIS mapping preferred.
- Exceptional time management, organizational, planning, and coordination skills.
- Strong computer skills (position will utilize Microsoft Office, Google services, HMIS, and ArcGIS mapping software).
- Strong report-writing and analytical skills; data interpretation.
- Public speaking.
In the course of performing this job, the employee typically spends time sitting, walking, standing, listening/speaking, writing and operating a personal computer. S/he will regularly work out in the field and be required to drive an automobile or use public transportation to attend meetings within the community. S/he is expected to lift and carry office records and supplies up to 30 lbs on an occasional basis. Reasonable accommodations may be arranged to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties of the job.
City Net is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the large volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to phone calls regarding open positions.
To apply, please fill out the form below.