Organization: City Net is a 501(c)(3) non-profit community organization that facilitates and leads multi-sector collaboratives to provide solutions to complex social problems, including ending homelessness in Orange County. City Net’s direct services in homelessness include street outreach, case management, facilitation of collaborative meetings, resource mobilization, trainings, and community organizing. City Net is a branch of the Bedrock Creek network; both City Net and Bedrock Creek are dbas of Kingdom Causes, Inc., a faith-based nonprofit.
Please submit a cover letter with your application. We want to know who you are, why you want to work for a nonprofit, and why you’d be a good fit for this position! Because this information is so vital, applicants without a cover letter will not be considered.
Collaborative Case Manager’s offer care and service coordination in partnership with other nonprofits, County and City entities, law enforcement behavioral health services and medical providers to ensure clients receive the help they need. The collaboration of these services are provided with the intention of assisting the client with obtaining and maintaining permanent housing as quickly as possible.
Collaborative Case Managers (CCM’s) provide case management and supportive services to individuals and families who are experiencing street level homelessness. Through street outreach CCM’s seeks to connect unsheltered homeless neighbors to sustainable housing. CCM’s meet the client where they are at and support them to achieve their goals. Our services are housing-focused. Case Manager’s with the client on a long-term housing plan. CCM’s connect homeless neighbors to appropriate supportive services, including medical health treatment, mental health treatment, counseling and permanent housing.
Status: Full-time (40 hours per week), non-exempt
Reports to: Director of Programs
Assess client needs
Meet with clients over multiple interactions to help them prioritize and obtain the housing and supportive services available to them, with the patience and understanding that it takes an average of 8-10 contact attempts before a client begins to trust the CCM and voluntarily engage in case management services.
Provide Housing placement
- Help clients find and access housing programs
- Complete housing applications
- Create and execute a long-term housing plan
Linkage to supportive services
- Screen clients for eligibility and provide referrals to appropriate services
- Find resources using 211 and other community resources approved by the CCM supervisor
- Complete a “warm handoff’ or other coordination assistance with partner agencies.
- Call, email, provide verification of homelessness, or offer other communication to partner agencies to help clients access resources
- Offer to accompany clients to appointments if the client has difficulty navigating services or representing their needs
- To better understand client needs
- To accurately assess client eligibility for community resources-to share with funders and stakeholders to improve the county’s service landscape
- To enter into the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and the county’s Coordinated Entry System (CES)
Bachelor’s Degree- Social Work, Human Services, Sociology or Psychology preferred but not required.
Health, mental health, co-occurring disorders is preferred. Persons with less than a BA/BS degree but with at least 2 years of direct life experience working with long-term homeless, low income, and diverse populations and have a working knowledge of mental health and addiction issues are welcome to apply. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work independently are required. Valid CA driver’s license, proof of insurance and reliable vehicle is required.
In the course of performing this job, the employee typically spends time sitting, walking, standing, listening/speaking, writing and operating a personal computer. S/he will regularly work out in the field and be required to drive an automobile or use public transportation to attend meetings within the community. S/he is expected to lift and carry office records and supplies up to 30 lbs on an occasional basis. Reasonable accommodations may be arranged to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties of the job.
City Net is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the large volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to phone calls regarding open positions.
To apply, please visit https://www.indeedjobs.com/city-net