Organization: City Net is a 501(c)(3) non-profit community organization that facilitates and leads multi-sector collaboratives to provide solutions to complex social problems, including ending homelessness in Orange County. City Net’s direct services in homelessness include street outreach, case management, facilitation of collaborative meetings, resource mobilization, trainings, and community organizing. City Net is a branch of the Bedrock Creek network; both City Net and Bedrock Creek are dbas of Kingdom Causes, Inc.
Status: Full-time, non-exempt
Compensation: $15 – $18, depending on experience
Reports to: Director of Operations
Dates: Open as of 3/23/2018
Requires travel throughout Southern California, primarily in Orange County.
Must be able to pass background checks successfully upon hire and throughout employment.
The Ideal Candidate: A clean and organized space is something that tends to happy naturally around you. You likely identify as a “people person,” fostering a welcoming and warm environment wherever you go. You are content in performing repetitive, highly structured tasks, but also enjoy flexing your creativity from time to time to proactively identify and solve problems. You take pride in being extremely detail-oriented, organized and communicative, knowing that other people could easily pick up your work where you left off. You enjoy being in a customer service or support role, and helping people is a large part of what makes you tick.
Contracts & Billing
- Compile documentation (e.g. expense reports) for contract-related invoicing in a timely manner, in line with each contract’s billing cycle.
- Maintain invoicing-related paper files and documentation, ensuring compliance with client documentation expectations.
- Review expense reports for accuracy and contract compliance, returning them to staff for adjustments/corrections when needed.
- Ensure all expense documentation and other invoicing-related paperwork are received from staff by the internally set deadline (allowing for sufficient time for review and processing before timely submission).
- Regularly review and maintain insurance contract compliance.
Office & Technology Management
- Maintain inventory of office supplies, hardware, keys, business cards, marketing materials, and other assets, distributing/assigning them to staff and ordering more as needed.
- Troubleshoot technology concerns with staff as needed, escalating cases to third-party IT support when solutions cannot be found inhouse; coordinate maintenance and repair.
- Maintain a presence at the front desk whenever possible, greeting those who enter and connecting them to the appropriate staff person.
- Respond to general organizational inquiries through a variety of media, including but not limited to phone, website, and email.
- Coordinate and schedule conference room use, ensuring that the technology and other items needed are prepared before each meeting and that the room is clean and organized after each meeting.
- Work with vendors, contractors and other third parties as assigned.
- Process new hires—including ensuring the timely completion of all new hire paperwork—and orient them to the organization’s major systems, culture, and expectations.
- Maintain complete, up-to-date, and accurate employee files in online HR system.
- Manage time-off requests, including reviewing the requests for accuracy and compliance with organizational policies and procedures, requesting adjustments/corrections as needed, and communicating approvals/denials.
- Review worked overtime and ensure compliance with contracts.
- Draft position descriptions and postings for job openings when requested.
- Post job openings, screen candidates, and coordinate the scheduling of interviews.
- Systematize data collection and management, identifying and proposing new software as needed and appropriate.
- Build data dashboards for contract reporting.
- Analyze data on contracted deliverables monthly and prepare reports.
- Build surveys in ArcGIS, Google Forms or other appropriate software, as requested.
- Clean and analyze survey data; prepare detailed survey reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced PC and Microsoft Excel skills and familiarity with Google apps (e.g. Gmail, Google Docs)
- Must be able to proactively and independently achieve goals and critically analyze complex situations, showing sound judgment even when little guidance is available
- Proven experience identifying complex/systemic problems and proposing viable and effective solutions
- Experience and enjoyment with providing timely, reliable, responsive assistance to coworkers
- Strong detail-orientation and organizational skills
- Experience managing spreadsheets or other large quantities of data and accurately performing various calculations
- Must be able to maintain excellent quality and quantity of work despite regular interruptions and unexpected transitions from repetitive/mundane projects to time-sensitive and highly analytical work
- Bachelor’s degree in a sociological, technological, or business field preferred but not required
In the course of performing this job, the employee typically spends time sitting, walking, standing, listening/speaking, writing and operating a personal computer. S/he may occasionally work out in the field and be required to drive an automobile within the Orange County area. S/he is expected to lift and carry office records and supplies up to 30 pounds on an occasional basis. Reasonable accommodations may be arranged to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties of the job.
City Net is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the large volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to phone calls regarding open positions.
To apply, please fill out the form below.