BEDROCK CREEK/CITY NET
Organization: Bedrock Creek’s driving mission is to help people work together well for social good so that significantly better results are achieved and resources are well spent. Our purpose is twofold: Be additive and fill gaps. We accomplish this by serving as a backbone organization to empower real power to discover real solutions to real problems in society. City Net is a community development nonprofit for which Bedrock Creek serves as the management team. Bedrock Creek/City Net is currently facilitating a multi-sector collaborative focusing specifically on homelessness.
Position: The FCC Community Engagement Coordinator supports the community engagement team’s efforts by assisting with the management of the Flood Control Channel (FCC) project operation. Additionally, they support the team by building proactive and positive collaborative relationships with external community members and contribute towards outreach and engagement efforts with current riverbed residents and clients.
Title: Community Engagement Coordinator (emphasis in supportive community services)
Status: Part-time (26-28 hours per week) and full-time (40 hours per week) positions available, non-exempt, with evening, weekend and holiday responsibilities required
Reports to: Director of Community Engagement
Location: Flood Control Channel (Santa Ana Riverbed between Chapman and Ball)
Requires travel throughout Southern California, primarily in Orange County.
Must be able to pass background checks successfully upon hire and throughout employment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services, communications, related field of study, or an applicable level of experience
- Homeless-related outreach, social service experience, or experience working directly with homeless populations
- Volunteer relations and experience working with community organizations (churches, non-profits, local businesses, city government representatives, donors, individual community members and school groups)
- Must be food safety certified and mental health first aid certified or willing to become certified after hiring.
- Professional communication skills (verbal and written).
- Exceptional time management, organizational, planning, and coordination skills. Thorough and detail-oriented with project management experience.
- Intermediate computer skills (position will utilize Microsoft Office, Google Apps, project management software and volunteer and donation management software; experience working with Volgistics and WordPress a plus but not required)
- Knowledgeable in public and private resources related to the needs of the homeless population
- Honest, compassionate, patient, optimistic, neutral, pro-law enforcement, task-oriented, quick problem-solving abilities, flexible with change and unique work environments, comfortable working in outdoor environments
- Must have reliable and prompt transportation to travel around Orange County. A successful candidate would have to provide proof of a valid driver’s license and auto insurance if offered employment
- Daily operational project management and community engagement and community member relationship management (internal and external).
- Responsible for project community engagement data recording.
- Assist the FCC Outreach Specialist, Collaborative Case Managers, and the Director of Community Engagement with program needs such as internal and external supportive service scheduling and relationship building.
- Supportive service promotions and outreach management, which includes but is not limited to flyer distribution, RSVP coordination, and client education-based outreach
- Managing the Transitioning Client Storage Program.
In the course of performing this job, the employee typically spends time sitting, walking, standing, listening/speaking, writing and operating a personal computer. S/he will regularly work out in the field and be required to drive an automobile or use public transportation to attend meetings within the community. S/he is expected to lift and carry office records and supplies up to 30 lbs on an occasional basis. Reasonable accommodations may be arranged to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties of the job.
Bedrock Creek/City Net is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please fill out the form below.