Organization: City Net is a 501(c)(3) non-profit community organization that facilitates and leads multi-sector collaboratives to provide solutions to complex social problems, including ending homelessness in Orange County. City Net’s direct services in homelessness include street outreach, case management, facilitation of collaborative meetings, resource mobilization, trainings, and community organizing. City Net is a branch of the Bedrock Creek network; both City Net and Bedrock Creek are dbas of Kingdom Causes, Inc., a faith-based nonprofit.
Position: The Collaborative Case Manager conducts homeless outreach and provides ongoing care coordination through comprehensive assessment, planning, and advocacy for housing placement and connection to supportive services. The overall goal of the position is to enhance the quality of client management, collaborate closely with partner agencies to promote continuity of care and plan for a successful transition into permanent housing.
Status: Full-time (40 hours per week), non-exempt, with evening and/or weekend responsibilities required
Reports to: Director of Outreach and Engagement
Supervises: Case Management Interns
Requires travel throughout Southern California, primarily in Orange County.
Must be able to pass background checks successfully upon hire and throughout employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field required.
- One (1) year of case management or related social work experience preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish or Vietnamese
- Experience interacting with people affected by homelessness, substance use disorder, chronic health and mental health concerns, domestic- and intimate-partner violence, and/or human trafficking preferred.
- Professional communication skills (verbal and written).
- Exceptional time management, organizational, planning, and coordination skills.
- Intermediate computer skills (position will utilize Microsoft Office, Google Apps, project management software, and HMIS).
- The Collaborative Case Manager (CCM) is responsible for conducting homeless outreach and individual assessments. The CCM will work with law enforcement and partner agencies to coordinate outreach efforts.
- Establish short term and long term goals for housing placement with multiple individuals and families. Ensure that individual case plans are appropriate and carried out within the established timeframe.
- Mobilize resources to eliminate barriers to housing and supportive services.
- Follows client progress to assure they are meeting their goals and records progress appropriately and professionally in the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)
- Communicates with Director of Outreach and Engagement, other staff and partner agencies as needed to ensure client’s well-being and ability to maintain housing. This will include presenting cases in Collaborative Case Management meetings.
- Coordinates with external service organizations, agencies and healthcare facilities to enroll the client into supportive services.
- Serves as a client advocate as appropriate and completes applications for housing programs.
- Establishes follow up procedures for clients who have been housed to maintain the client’s housing placement.
- Reports success stories, progress and statistics regularly and on request.
- Maintains and updates HMIS records.
- Provides coaching and supervision to case management interns.
- Attend community meetings and events as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Outreach and Engagement.
In the course of performing this job, the employee typically spends time sitting, walking, standing, listening/speaking, writing and operating a personal computer. S/he will regularly work out in the field and be required to drive an automobile or use public transportation to attend meetings within the community. S/he is expected to lift and carry office records and supplies up to 30 lbs on an occasional basis. Reasonable accommodations may be arranged to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with your name and the job title in the subject line or apply online through the form below.
City Net is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the large volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to phone calls regarding open positions.
To apply, please fill out the form below.